- What type of procedure (mediation, negotiation, collaborative law or litigation) meets the client's needs the best
- Referring clients to appropriate resources including therapists, accountants, financial planners, and real estate agents
- Identifying the client's issues and priorities.
- Parenting of minor children
- Financial support
- The valuation, division, use and control of assets (e.g. home, business, retirement benefits, or stock options)
Family Law encompasses all aspects of divorce/dissolution of marriage, including:
- Marital property valuation and division
- Post-judgment modifications
- Spousal support (alimony)
- Cohabitation agreements
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Issues regarding child custody, visitation and child support
Ms. Polk helps clients find creative solutions to their family law related disputes and encourages the use of mediation, collaborative law, and other non-adversarial dispute resolution processes.